This recipe is a simpler version of the traditional Gujarati chicken curry.
Serves (4-6 people)
- 1 whole chicken (1.3 kg), cut in curry pieces
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium sized potatoes, cut in quarters
- 3 tsp Gujarati curry paste
- 1 tsp DKhat Spices Curry Powder
- 1 tsp DKhat Spices Meat Masala
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp DKhat Spices Garam Masala
- In a pot, add the chicken pieces, onions, potatoes, Gujarati curry paste, Curry powder, Meat Masala and oil.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cover the pot and cook in medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- After 5 minutes, add 1 cup of water, mix and continue cooking.
- Stir occasionally.
- Once the chicken and potatoes are cooked, garnish with DKhat Spices Garam Masala and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with roti, naan or rice.
- Enjoy :)