This delicious spicy potato dish uses Coriander and Cumin powder.
Serves 3-4 people.
- 4 medium sized potatoes, peeled, washed and diced into small cubes (about 1.5cm or 1/2 inch)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 sprig of curry leaves, washed and the leaves removed from the stem
- 2 tsp Gujarati curry paste
- 1 tsp DKhat Spices coriander and cumin powder
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves, chopped for garnishing
- Heat a fry pan, add oil.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- When the colour of the seeds turn darker (and mustard seeds will start popping!) lower the heat.
- Add potatoes and curry leaves.
- Add Gujarati curry paste and DKhat Spices coriander and cumin powder.
- Mix and increase the heat to medium.
- Cover the fry pan with a lid and let the potatoes cook. Stir occasionally.
- When the potatoes are cooked, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Enjoy with rotis or naan :)