(Serves 2-3 people)
- 500g boneless chicken, diced.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped.
- curry leaves (1 stalk)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6-8 cloves
- 1 chilli, sliced lengthwise (optional – if you prefer a mild curry then don't add the chilli)
- 4 cloves garlic, grated.
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- salt (to taste)
- 2 level teaspoons of DKhat Spices Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon of DKhat Spices Garam Masala (use less if you prefer a mild curry)
- ½ cup of water
- coriander leaves, chopped (about 1-2 teaspoons of chopped coriander).
- Heat frypan on HIGH heat and add oil.
- Add cinnamon sticks and cloves, heat them until the bubbles are formed around them. (Please be careful at this point as over heating these spices can cause them to fly out and potentially land onto your skin - OUCH!).
- Lower the heat to MEDIUM.
- Add onions and curry leaves and stir.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the onions and mix thoroughly.
- After a couple of minutes, lower the heat to LOW.
- Cover the frypan with a lid.
- Stir occasionally until the onions are caramelised.
- Once the onions are caramelised, add garlic and chilli.
- Let it cook for about a minute and then add curry powder.
- Mix thouroughly.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes then add the diced chicken pieces and mix.
- Increase the heat to MEDIUM.
- Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes then add water.
- Increase heat to HIGH. You can add more salt at this point if you wish to.
- Stir occasionally, cook until the chicken is done.
- Sprinkle garam masala on top of the curry.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice, roti or naan.
- Enjoy 😊